Monday, October 26, 2009

Post from The Sartorialist

"Style is a direct expression of your ideals.  It communicates to the world the character and personality traits you value and wish to attain."

Yes, and here is an excellent example from The Sartorialist.  Style is how you conduct your life.  Clothing is just a part of it, but is usually a manifestation of what's going on inside someone.  From the body language to the tie bar to the warm smile on the guy's face, he looks like someone who loves life and is full of joy.

On the Street....The Driver, San Francisco



One of my favorite encounters on this book tour was my driver in San Francisco.

As you can see he was very elegant and practically oozed self-confidence, dignity and pride in his work.

I love people who show pride in their work, regardless of the job.

This man's car was spotless, his shoes were shined and he knew exactly where he was going. He wasn't dressed like that for me, he had no idea who I was, this was just another day and just another ride done in his own stylish way.

I've said this so many times before, and recently in the intro of my book. Even though this blog is about fashion I don't really think about fashion when I look at this photo. I think about how he is communicating his sense of pride and self-worth; not by how expensive his clothes are but by how he wears his clothes, his posture and his politeness. This man is pure style.

No comments:

Post a Comment